I've been hearing these two words Centella Asiatica for awhile. Then my teenage daughter requested getting this to add into her skincare routine.
So then, I purchased one!
It's been about a year now since I've incorporated this into my skincare routine myself... and to be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised! I will apply this on my skin at night, and the way my skin feels the next morning??? Holy crap! My skin is supple and soft to the touch. I can definitely feel that my skin loves it!
After further researching what this Liquid Gold is... here are some details for you to know!
Centella Asiatica, often referred to as "Gotu Kola" or "Indian Pennywort," is considered beneficial for facial skin and is a common ingredient in skincare products. Its properties can offer several advantages for facial skin health and appearance.
These are some benefits!
Hydration: Centella asiatica can help improve skin hydration by enhancing the skin's ability to retain moisture. This can be especially beneficial for individuals with dry or dehydrated skin.
Anti-Inflammatory: It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe irritated or inflamed skin. This makes it suitable for addressing issues like redness, rosacea, and sensitive skin.
Wound Healing: Centella asiatica promotes the regeneration of skin and tissues, which can aid in the healing of small wounds, minor cuts, and abrasions. It may also be helpful for reducing the appearance of scars.
I have this huge scar on my face from a dog bite that required 8 stitches to heal, well let me tell you, this products definitely help it to make it waaaaaay less visible! (more on that on my future blog post!)
4. Collagen Production: It stimulates collagen production in the skin, which can contribute to improved skin elasticity and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Anti-Aging: Due to its antioxidant content, Centella asiatica may help protect the skin from oxidative stress and premature aging caused by free radicals.
6. Acne and Blemish Control: Its anti-inflammatory properties can help calm acne-prone skin and reduce redness associated with pimples and blemishes.
7. Eczema and Psoriasis: People with eczema and psoriasis may benefit from the soothing and hydrating properties of Centella asiatica to alleviate itching and inflammation.
8. Sun Damage: The antioxidants in Centella asiatica can help repair sun-damaged skin and prevent further UV-induced damage.
9. Skin Barrier Support: It aids in strengthening the skin's natural barrier, which is essential for maintaining healthy and resilient skin.
10. Anti-Redness: Centella asiatica can reduce redness in the skin, making it suitable for those with conditions like rosacea or facial redness.
Overall, Centella asiatica can be a valuable addition to your skincare routine, especially if you have concerns related to hydration, inflammation, or signs of aging.
Disclaimer, of course :) Like any skincare ingredient, its effectiveness may vary from person to person, so results can differ based on individual skin types and conditions.